Sunday, April 3, 2011

Excursus

This blog has two primary issues, in my opinion. The first is that I'm not very concise. The second is that I'm not very consistent. Hopefully I can address both of these, by keeping myself to shorter reviews. This should also help encourage me to write the reviews soon after I read the book, and post more often.

Knowing myself, I won't always be able to resist the urge to drone on and on. So you can always look forward to at least a few unendurably long reviews. But there should be more variety in the future.

I also anticipate posting more series, in addition to the self-standing reviews.

For instance, this month (April) will be focusing on the novels of Orson Scott Card.  The first half of July will focus on reviews of the Harry Potter novels and books (honoring the July 15th release of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2"). And I anticipate turning the month of August into a 31-day multi-blog celebration of film adaptations of Shakespeare.

You know, maybe it's just because I'm a nerd, but that sounds like an awful lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment